As promised, I'm posting my recipe for these "cookie dough" balls. Since I'm eating pretty much gluten-free this week, you can imagine how excited I was to see a gluten-free recipe on Pinterest that claimed to taste like raw cookie dough. Like most recipes I try, I didn't have the exact ingredients called for, so I improvised. My "cookie dough" balls turned out better than I could have hoped and it's been a struggle not to eat them all in one sitting!
Oatmeal "Cookie Dough" Recipe
2/3 cup oats*
2/3 cup unsalted almonds
2/3 cup walnuts
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup agave nectar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp hot chocolate powder
1. Put the oats, almonds, walnuts, and cinnamon in a food processor. Mix until blended into a fine consistency.
2. Add the agave nectar and vanilla extract. Blend again until fully mixed.
3. Add the hot chocolate powder, pulsing until blended fully. (Mine was actually too thick to combine all the way in the food processor, so I mixed it by hand using a spatula at the end.)
4. Using a spoon, scoop the dough into round balls and place on a dinner plate.
5. Put your "cookie dough" balls in the freezer for a bit to let them firm up, then enjoy! If you have leftovers, store them in the freezer so they retain their shape and don't get too sticky.
*If you're eating gluten-free, make sure that your oats are labeled "gluten-free." Otherwise they could have some gluten from processing.
Let me know if you try this! It's a pretty simple recipe and has a great payout for your effort.